Fundamental of TCM
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) has over 5000 years of history. It is one of the four national treasures of China, with its unique theory derived from ancient astrology, geology and philosophy. Common TCM practices include herbal medicine and non-medicinal approaches such as acupuncture. Concepts such as Yin-yang and Five Elements form the fundamentals of TCM, which is important to understanding of the dynamic balance of the human body.
- To learn the relationship between Chinese culture and TCM
- To understand difference between TCM and western medicine
- To understand the characteristics of TCM
TCM Wellness Massage (Tuina)
Tuina (Tui Na, 推拿) uses the Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) theory of meridian channels (经络) as its basic principles. It uses techniques to stimulate acupuncture points (acupoints) or body parts to correct the individual’s subtle physiological patterns of disharmony. This action stimulates the flow of energy “Qi” and blood “Xue” with an effect of promoting healing from within to treat disorders or maintain health and wellness. It is one of the oldest forms of non-medicinal and non-invasive approach of TCM that has been adopted widely as a form massage and physical therapy.
- To understand the cause of pain at neck & shoulder
- To learn the common tuina techniques for pain relief (neck and shoulders)
- To learn the common exercises to prevent neck and shoulder pain
Intro to TCM Dietetics
A healthy and appropriate diet is an integral part of maintaining good health and healing various disorders. Emphasizing a holistic approach, TCM dietetics provides an introduction to the Traditional Chinese Medicine approach on how to integrate the compatibility of food choice in our daily life with respect to different body constitutions.
- To understand the food culture and characteristics of the Chinese dietetic for wellness
- To understand the various properties of the food choice (heaty & cooling properties) and its reactions and effects on the human body
- To study the compatibility of food for health promotion with respect to different body constitutions
Basic of Traditional Medicines
Traditional Medicine are herbs used according to TCM theories, uniquely derived from ancient Chinese philosophy. The first book on Chinese herbal medicine is known as ShenNong’s Materia Medica, which classifies 365 species of medicine into 3 grades, namely the upper, middle and lower grade.
- To learn the characteristics of Traditional Chinese Medicines
- To identify common Traditional Medicines and their uses